Friday, June 29, 2012

The Last Time I Saw Paris

The last time I saw Paris? Well, in my case that was never, but I hope to change that fairly soon. It seems Paris has been on lots of people's minds lately. We've recently discussed The Paris Wife by Paula McClain and watched Midnight in Paris at the Library. It seems just about everyone I know has visited Paris, is there right now, or is going soon.

So when I was planning my Adult Summer Programs, I thought it would be fun and enlightening to invite some Paris travel veterans to share their experiences.

So far, regular patron and intrepid traveler Bill Slatter has agreed. I am planning to enlist the services of others, so if you would like to participate or know someone who might like to, please have them contact me.

We are planning this program for Thursday, July 12 from 3-5 pm. It will be a Paris "show and tell," and participants will be able to share ideas, bargains, and valuable tips.

In the meantime, allow me to recommend some recent Paris reading, all of which are available at the Library.

  • The House I Loved by Tatiana de Rosnay (2012)
  • Sacre Bleu: a Comedy d'art by Christopher Moore (2012)
  • The Dud Avocado by Elaine Dundy (latest edition 2007)
  • Mission to Paris by Alan Furst (2012)
  • An Unexpected Guest by Anne Korkeakivi (2012)
  • Crime Fraiche by Alexander Campion (2011)
  • Paris in Love: a memoir by Eloisa James (2012)

I'd love to hear from you if you have stories to share or would just like to come and dream along with me. (Anne White 601.445.8862  awhite@naw.lib.ms.us)

No comments:

Post a Comment